Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Black Dress




Dress - Vintage (from my grandma)
Shoes - Chrystina's
Bow - local store in my town!

This past weekend, my dad went to Vegas to visit his girl, and I was left to look after the kiddos. I finally got a new car! (i blew up the motor in my old beauty, my little vw rabbit 6 long months ago) and we've been having a blast. Our local thrift store had a 50% sale these past 3 days, and we went to 2 of the day and got so many treasures! Mostly items for around the house (and man, i don't mean to brag, but i have sure made this house cute since i moved home), but I picked up some gorgeous vintage dresses for Kira, and she adores how different they look to all the modern day clothes. We spent a lot of time at our new favorite park, they have 2 ponds and the kids are allowed to feed the ducks!
I need to get better at posting, it's on my goals list for this week! School is ending, i'm just feeling like I have no weather appropriate clothes for this amazing 40 degrees we've been feeling in Yucaipa.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new car! What kind of car did you get? Cute dress. You wear vintage so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so stunning on you; the fit is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love 50 percent off thrift days! i usually get on them by accident and its such a score when i get to the cash and realize im getting a score! i hope to see picture of your house soon.

    FASHIONMADEMEFUNKY
    www.fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair, it's so cute!! You remind me of some girl from the '50s, which is absolutely lovely :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress! Wish I could be on a picnic right now and not ankle deep in snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your dress, its beautiful!

    xxxx
    http://bigisalsobeautiful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete